Monday, November 21, 2011

Help Bail Out the Warden!

For those of you not already in the know, Jim Ward was recently hospitalized and underwent triple bypass surgery. Some of the particulars are discussed in his thread at Dragonsfoot.

Jim has a lot of medical bills to deal with, and his good friend Tim Kask has set up a fund to help defray these costs. This morning I donated $100.00. Now, understand that I'm not looking for a pat on the back or anything like that. I'm just hoping to encourage more people to do the same.

Over the summer, my little cousin and I had the pleasure of playing in a Metamorphosis Alpha campaign run by Jim at Lake Geneva Games. Running this game for a group of strangers is something Jim just did out of the kindness of his heart and his love of gaming. I learned a ton from playing with him over those summer months, and I'm really looking forward to the day those games can resume. He always put up with my cousin's antics - eating every color jello cube, terrorizing the tourists on the beach of the resort level after he got turned into a wolf, trying out equipment over and over again, regardless of how many PCs he splattered on the walls. Jim never said, "Hey you dummy! Stop doing that!" He just smiled and patiently let him feel things out, handing over a new blank character sheet whenever it was needed (in one 3-hour session he went through 4 PCs!).

Jim also taught me that good D&D players bring goodies (cookies, donuts, etc.) to share with the group. And he didn't teach me that by telling me. He taught me that by doing it himself.

I could go on and on about how awesome of a dude Jim is, but the main thing is he needs some help, and I consider him a friend. I have an extra brand new copy of the OSRIC hardcover sitting around (the Black Blade one), and I will send it to the first person who matches my $100.00 donation and emails me a screenshot of the confirmation email. I will pay for the shipping as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out, even if it's just a few bucks.

Here's the link to the site where you can donate: Friends of Starship Warden

1 comment:

  1. As of 1:10PM CST, Tuesday 11/22/2011, the OSRIC book is still available for a generous donor.

    ReplyDelete

As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.