Saturday, July 21, 2012

Outland Fully Migrated to DCC Rules

I only recently discovered this amazing Erol Otus piece
 
I've finished converting all my Outland stuff for use with DCC, which will be used as the system of choice going forward (at least until I change my mind again). If you are interested in such things, everything is accessible from the new page I added here.

I made a number of changes to the character generation process. I didn't have them documented at the time I ran the first game with my new home group, so it actually took a fair bit of time for me to help 6 people with making their characters, but it was a fun process in and of itself, and everyone got at least one wacky race - most people had two. Also, I can't for the life of me remember where I got my unique item list, but I think it was a d100 table where someone expanded upon Jeff's original Deck O' Stuff. If anyone knows what it is, I'd love to know so I can link to it. Hint: One of the players got a Sword of Shiva (+3 sword, whirlwind like a djinni 1/day). Also gotten were a tin of mustache wax and a WWI German army helmet.

Best Morlocks ever?
The players in that game completed Sailors on the Starless Sea (good times!) and my game store game will be resuming in about a week, and we will be converting their existing OD&Dish characters to DCC. I'm looking forward to getting back into a regular gaming schedule again, and I've got a few new players so that's double-awesome!

Which brings up a side issue... I'm not certain at this point when or if I'm going to resume running games on G+. I've got a game store game every other week, and a monthly game at my house now. For a gainfully employed father of two, that's kind of a full load. Plus, since the arrival of our new daughter, I lost my office so it could be converted into a kid's bedroom, so getting a semi-private spot in the house with some peace and quiet has proven challenging. Hopefully the opportunity will arise where I can run or play in the occasional one-off game, but I guess only time will tell if that's in the cards.

Even still, I consider myself a diehard FLAILSNAILS adherent, so if you were to show up to one of my games at Unique Gifts & Games with some sort of AD&D/Labyrinth Lord/whatever type of PC, I'd be happy to let him or her get killed in my game join in on the fun.

Anyways, stay awesome, dudes (and dudettes!)

Looks like a 3rd copy of the DCC rulebook is in my future!
P.S. - Thanks to Jeff Rients for his suggestions with regard to converting the dwarf and the halfling into non-racial classes (and everyone else I stole ideas from).

2 comments:

  1. The expanded Deck o' Stuff is from an issue of FO! Not convenient to look up at the moment, but I think it's either issue 2 or 5.

    ReplyDelete

As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.